No Copius Gems and the Liebster Award

Tuesday, August 14, 2012





I was supposed to put a little unboxing post of my new nail polish that I ordered from Copious, along with swatches and stuff, and then the Liebster Award. It's kind of hard when USPS decides to hold my package hostage.

It was supposed to be here yesterday, and it finally moved last night.It may be here tomorrow, but then again it may be here in a week. It's still expected to arrive on the 13th though!

The pictures were taken at a friends house =)


Ready for the Liebster Award?





Awww, the Liebster Award. The little "spread the love" award that makes its way around the internet. I was nominated by Packer Lacquer, AND Lisa's Nail Obsession. Go check them out! I must say, it's changed since the last time I received this award. Rather than doing two posts, I am going to merge them together. I will be answering two sets of questions, but I will only be nominating one set of bloggers (sorry!).


Here's a little bit about this award:

"This little award is all about discovering new blogs and helping those with less than 200 followers to get recognized."


Here are the rules:

1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.


Random things!

1. I'm only 4'11" tall.
2. I don't like a lot of popular foods; tea (all types), pineapple, chocolate, coconut, mango, turkey and chicken, to name a few.
3. Even though I can't stand tea, I wish I liked it. Grrr tastebuds.
4. I started obsessing over nail polish [again] over my honeymoon.
5. I don't like the beach, even though I live in Florida.
6. I raise rabbits (fluffy cuteness).
7. My favorite Disney character is Marie from the Aristocats, but Merida from Brave is a contender for that spot.
8. I'm a cat person.
9. My favorite nail polish color to wear is blue, but I hate the nail stain afterwards.
10. I'm no brave enough to try black eye liner, so I stick with purple and silver.
11. I'm a history buff.


Questions to answer:

From Packer Lacquer
 
1. What is your go-to, can’t live without, beauty product?
 Nail polish. Really can't go on without that stuff.
2. What is the most you have ever spent on one bottle of nail polish? 
 $14, my one and only butter LONDON.
3. What is the last book you read? 
 Lord of the Rings (yes, still working on it, don't judge!)
4. What is your favorite dessert?
 Cotton Candy Ice Cream. Or Peppermint during the Holidays.
5. Name a guilty pleasure.  
 Either nail polish or the above ice creams.
6. How did you get started blogging?  
 I had this little idea in my head of "I want to take pictures, and write about my nails. I really really want to."  Then I did. That was almost a year ago, didn't care if anyone saw it, it was my little secret.
7. What is the story behind the name of your blog?  
 I was trying to think of a good name, and I decided to look at some nail polish bottles for inspiration. I loved the name "adore-a-ball" by Essie, and cut out the "ball", and replaced it with "polish", and viola! My blog was born.
8. If you could take the vacation of a lifetime, where would you go?
 Egypt, Russia, and the UK.
9. Who is the 1 beauty personality, living or not, you would die to meet?
 This is a toughy. I really don't know.
10. What is your Sunday lounge outfit?
 T-shirt, and shorts. If it's chilly, PJ pants.
11. What is your favorite beverage?  
 Sprite =) Does milk count?



From Lisa's Nail Obsession

1. How did you get started blogging?
 See number 6 above =)
2. What is it like where you come from?
 Hot and humid. During the summer, it rains a lot. During the winter, it's just luke warm and humid, and rains less often (cold fronts, take 'em when we can get 'em).
3. What is your favorite outfit?
 I'm loving 3 quarter length shirts and comfy shorts.
4. Do you have any pets? What are their names?
 Lots of pets! I'll stick with the non-bunny related ones. Dog- Lexi, Cat- Olivia, Turtle- Paco!
5. What is your favorite polish?
 OPI Brisbane Bronze =)
6. What is your least favorite polish?
 Ulta Noel.
7. Who was your first boyfriend/girlfriend? What were they like?
 My husband, Spencer, and he is wonderful. (no lie, I don't kid around with love!)
8. What color do you like to polish your toes?
 Anything bright works.
9. What is your favorite TV show?
 I don't really have one. I watch The Glee Project, Pretty Little Liars, Bunheads (new love), and Dance Moms religiously.
10. What is your least favorite TV show?
 I think anything on MTV would suffice.
11. What kind of music do you like?
 A mix. Anything from Dia Frampton, to Evanescence, to People in Planes.




My 11 Questions for the bloggers I tagged:

1. What sparked your interest in blogging?
2. What nail polish trend are you loving right now?
3. What trend does everyone love, but you despise?
4. If you could spend a month anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. On an average day out (shopping or out for lunch), what is your shoe style of choice?
6. What is one piece of jewelry that you can't leave the house without?
7. Why did you start a blog? I.e. what inspired you to create one?
8. What is your guilty pleasure food item?
9. What is the handbag of your dreams?
10. Do you have any pets? If so, what are they and what are their names?
11. What is your go to beauty beauty product?



11 Tagged bloggers (random-ish commenter/follower love)

1. Polish Etc
2. Blog Rince
3. Colour and the Sparkle
4. Young Broke and Marvelous
5. The Nail Polish Challenge
6. Step By Step
7. LiveFlorence
8. Pretty Little Things
9. Secrets of a Wannabe Charlotte
10. Crafty Musings
11. Bella Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment