Non-Makeup Beauty Essentials

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

As a girl, I have my go to products, that I know I can always count on to work. Last month I showcased my makeup essentials, and now I'm going a bit off the normal grid to show you guys my most loved products that aren't nail or makeup related.


Mark. Self Sanctuary body wash. I love this scent. I don't use it every day, only when I really want to relax, and smell good. The scent is really lasting on my skin, and just smells nice. I hate that Mark discontinued this scent, but it opens my eyes, and makes me want to be more adventurous to more of their body products.



Mark. Shine Fighter. I've talked about this so many times. It's an oil control mask, and I've been using this for over a year. So far it's the only constant in my skin care routine.



Julep "The Best Pedi Prep Ever!" and foot file. I never really thought too much about my feet other than lotion and a pumice stone. These two changed my feet. The pedi prep softens the hard spots on my feet, and make it easy to file them away, leaving my feet soft and nice to look at. The only thing I have to complain about is that the pedi prep has to be stored up right. If it's on its side it will leak out, and make a sticky mess of thing. The file has four sides; a rough side, less rough side, a ribbed, and a bumpy side. I just use the file sides.



Bath & Body Works Stress Relief lotion. I have gone through two of these bad boys in my lifetime, and I love the eucalyptus scent. Not sure if it relaxes me, but the scent is nice, and that's all that truly matters. Right?



Goody Spin Pins. I have a review of these things here. They let me be lazy, and when it comes to my hair, that's the route I take. 



Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. The love of my lips. Seriously. I even managed to get my friend addicted when we were in high school. Who knew that one fateful day when I "borrowed" my moms lip balm would turn into such a committed relationship, 6 years later. Ok, maybe I'm being a bit over-dramatic, but it's justified! I can't imagine what my lips would be like without this stuff. Actually, I can. I've tried others, and nothing compares. I am hooked for life, a menthol and peppermint addict. M&P anonymous please!


 























Suave Touchable Finish and Dry Shampoo. I've used a lot of hairsprays, some flexible, some not. None gave me the hold and flexibility that I need in one bottle. It was always one or the other. I have oily hair, that's no secret (my hair would rather tell the world, despite my best efforts), and when I'm feeling lazy, or in a hurry the Suave dry shampoo is the only thing, out of the ones that I've tried, that actually sucks most of the oil out, and makes it look presentable on my lazy days. Plus they both smell really nice!

Aussie Confidently Clean. I can't tell you how mad I was when I couldn't find my Cleanse and Mend on the shelf. After about 2 months of complaining, I mentioned something on a forum. A lovely lady there mentioned that it still exists, and what it was not called. I made a point to go to the store, the next day, and pick this bottle up. It is the only shampoo, again out of the ones that I have tried, that doesn't make my hair look like a complete grease ball the next morning. I was lost when I thought this didn't exist. I really was. Now, I feel complete. Overdramatic, yes. It's one of those days.



What's one beauty product that you've tried time, and time again that you know will never fail you? 



No comments :

Post a Comment