My July 4th Manicure

Thursday, July 5, 2012




I apologize for not post this yesterday. This is the first time I did anything related to this holiday. I'll be honest, it's not one of my favorites. Since I first started showing rabbits any holiday that includes fireworks gives me anxiety. Having rabbits for nearly half my life, and most living outside, you can imagine how worried I was about them. We're quite close to where our town celebrations, and it's not uncommon for me to bring in the ones who look frightened. Most are not bothered by the noise. A lot of mine have gone through the noise before, so I felt a little more relieved. Because of this I was feeling partially patriotic so I decided to take the simple wrap and follow the Julep Pinterest NOTD idea.


As you can see I made a smaller tip, I prefer this look with my French tips. I also only put two starts, and placed them on specific nails. This nail polish.. *sigh* America you are not my favorite nail polish. The way I described this to my husband is that I feel like someone took a glitter sh*t in my bottle. The brush was covered completely in clumps. It wasn't too bad to apply, but it was clumpy. With this polish, from what I've seen, is 50/50 on clumpness. I did have stars in mine, and there were reports of people not have any. It was also a pain in the rear end to get smooth and I applied at least 5 coats of top coat, which will explain the bubbles.

Regardless of the headache, it looks pretty!

Polish used:
China Glaze Frost Bite
Julep America
Revlon Colorstay Top Coat


No comments :

Post a Comment