There aren't many people who can argue the lasting power that this top coat has, or the lack of drying time. I have a love hate relationship with this top coat. While it does do the job remarkably well, there are elements that I wish it didn't have.
- Long lasting - Seriously, the lasting power is amazing on this thing. It's hard to chip this bad boy
- Fills in ridges and imperfections - Even if I have a ripple in the polish do to my on carelessness, this top coat will completely fill it in, and it will look flawless.
- Glossy - Always has that "just applied" look to it.
- Dries super fast - Within 60 seconds it's dry to the touch. After 5 or 10 minutes depending on the polish, it is completely dry.
- The smell - The smell is horrible. It has to be something with the fast drying chemical. The smell is similar to paint thinner.
- Gummy - It gets gummy half way into the bottle, a characteristic that I find in most of the fast drying top coats that I've tried. Really disappointing, and becomes really hard to apply after a while. This is my third bottle, and they are all like this.
- Warning label - This is something that has stopped women who love this top coat from using it completely, and I am one of them. I keep this around just for the heck of it, but I don't use it. It is found on the back of the bottle.
"WARNING! This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm"
That alone made me stop using it. I am no different than the people in California, and there is no way I am going to risk it over something as simple as a top coat.
Will I repurchase?