Julep Glow On Age Defying Hand Brightener Review

Monday, March 26, 2012

Julep Glow On Lotion

"Visibly minimizes the appearance of fine lines and age spots on your hands while adding radiant glow and evening skin tone.Contains rare African plant extracts that are clinically proven to block melanin production and reduce hyper-pigmentation. Advanced emulsion system imparts water-resistant, non-greasy softness."
Based off of this claim I had fairly high hopes.  I got this hand cream with my first Julep Maven box, and I really had no idea what to think of it at first. As far as what it claims to actually target, I can't comment on it. I do not have an issue with hyper-pigmentation, age spots, or even fine lines on my hands. I also don't have an issue with uneven skin tone, other than the freckles that I've had my whole life. I will be reviewing this simply as a hand cream, that boasts it's water-resistant and non-greasy formula.

First off, the smell. It's actually quite nice. In the beginning I found the scent very off putting, and didn't want much to do with it. I thought "well, it was basically free, might as well get some use out of it". With that I put it in my purse, and keep it in there as often I remember to put it back. The scent is hard to describe, I really haven't smelled anything like it before.

Julep Glow On lotion review

The product itself is easy to blend, and rub, into the skin. It's a light cream, but thick at the same time. I want to say that it is non-greasy, but I can't tell a lie! Truth is it's rather greasy when it's first applied, and then as it dries out it becomes less greasy. In the end I find myself wanting it to dry a little bit more to get rid of that last bit of grease. How many times can I say grease in a sentence?!

Next claim: Water-resistant. I suppose it is. How does one truly test this claim? Confused me, to be honest. Anyways I find my hands to be as soft as they were before I ran water on them. To clarify I did dab my hands with a towel after I wet them.

Julep Glow On lotion review


I love how it moisturizes my hands and cuticles, without it being too greasy. It's nice to keep in my purse with the bottle being small, but not too small. At 3 fl oz (89 mL) it's the perfect size to follow my everywhere I go for a quick hand fix.

Julep Maven price: $25.60
Regular customer: $32.00

No comments :

Post a Comment