So, I bought some stuff this month. . .

Monday, April 8, 2013



I'm calling this my Spring haul simply because I don't buy make up very often. I don't know why. I want to, I look, and gawk at the products whenever I go near any, I just don't reach out and pick anything up. Weird.

On Friday I went to Target on a mission to pick up some lip products, and ended up getting more than I wanted too. I also placed an order for some Avon nail polished with my mom, and those arrived on Saturday.

So, here's a look at some of the products I plan on reviewing/using/probably loving.



The ELF eye liner was bought on impulse. I was browsing around looking for a new liquid eyeliner. I'm the type of person who likes to do some sort of research first, and I didn't even know where to begin with eyeliners. I walked past the little ELF section, saw this, and figured that for $1, I couldn't really go wrong. First impression: I really like it! I'm pleasantly surprised.

I posted a wish list in February, and the Maybelline Color Tattoo was on it. I didn't get the color I originally wanted, instead I picked up Inked in Pink. I already like them better than the Avon cream shadows, which is the only other cream shadows I've ever tried.



Avon Sparkling Red Rouge (the red glitter one)- It looked more pint in the catalog, but that's ok. I really like it, the silver glitter makes it look different than China Glaze Ruby Pumps.

Avon Inspire (yellow)- I don't have a pale yellow, and that's pretty much why I bought this one. It was on sale, and I figured why not?

Mark Mint Tea and Saffron came as a set. I wanted Mint Tea because it reminds me of Chanel Peridot, and I don't have a dupe for that one yet. I wish I had the actual color to compare. The other one is a pretty gold color. I really like them. They were in the What's New catalog, and should be available soon, if not now.

Essie Madison Ave-Hue- Oh my gosh this is such a pretty color. Pink with silver glitter. It reminds me of Bikini So Teeny, with the cream color and subtle glitter. I haven't swatched it yet, so I don't know if I'm going to run into the same problem where the glitter doesn't show up. I'll do a swatch soon and let you all know. The glitter is so fine that I am a bit worried.



The best for last. I went a bit crazy. To some of you, this is nothing, but I am not a lip gal. I own four Revlon Lip Butters, and 3 lip glosses. I use only about 3 of those products, and that's when I remember to put them on. I don't know what inspired me, but I wanted a lot. I just kept picking them up, and even my husband grabbed one for me. He kept wanting me to get a purple color, but I told him no.

Some of these are from that wish list, and some are ones that I've wanted for a while.

The Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick is literally the first lipstick I've ever bought. This Lasting Finish shade is 12. Red with an orange tint, or orange with a red tint, I can't really tell the difference yet. I really really like it. I'm kind of obsessed with it right now.

I did pick up a Maybelline Color Whisper, but it's not in the shade I originally wanted. I chose Pink Possibilities, and I tired it out last night. Gorgeous color. These lipsticks are making me wonder what I've been doing with my life. I feel like I've been missing out. Now I understand why girls carry around so many different colors in their bags.

I also grabbed a Loreal Colour Riche Caresse in the shade I originally wanted; Coral Tattoo. This is also my first ever Loreal Paris product ever.

To go along with the firsts theme, I picked up two Covergirl lipsticks/gloss/balm/whatever. These are the first Covergirl products I've ever tried. The first one is the Jumbo Gloss Stain in Ruby Twist. I wanted something a bit more orange, but the hubby suggested this one.Hey, he picked out the Neutrogena lip gloss that I love, so I do value his opinion when it comes to these sorts of things. Even if he is color blind... Moving along! I also picked up the Blast Flipstick in Glimmer which is two colors in one. He got his plum color, and I got a nice dark pink shade. This was the Hubby's suggestion. He's strange.

Lastly the company with the longest product names on the planet Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey. I wanted it, I bought it. Nothing much to say. It smells really nice, though. That's a plus.


-------------

That's it. That's my crazy adventure that I spent way too much time on in Target. Let me know if you've used any of these products before, and which shades you suggest. I'm trying to venture out of my comfort zone a bit, without going too bold. Just throw some suggestions at me, I don't have any friends who wear makeup, so you guys and other bloggers are all I have in the beauty world. That sounded more desperate than I intended...



No comments :

Post a Comment