Getting lippy with spring | part one

Wednesday, April 24, 2013


lipstick

lipstick
From top to bottom: Revlon LB Candy Apple, Maybelline CW Pink Possibilities, Revlon JBK Honey


I have no idea what the trends are for this spring. I know I've seen a lot of pastels, which I'm happy with, pastels are my favorite. All I know, for sure, is that I am following the brand/product trend. I'm normally not afraid to branch out, but when it comes to lip products I'm very careful. Simply because I don't know what looks good on me yet. I showed half of these products in my most recent haul. It's still pretty early in spring, and we still have summer to go through, so these will probably change.

I'm not too big on red, but the Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple is just sheer enough that it doesn't make me look like a pale mess. I've been wearing this one off and on for a few months not. It's not very long lasting, but it is a lip butter, so I didn't expect it to be.

The Maybelline Color Whisper (Pink Possibilities) is the one I thought I would like the least. To me it feels better than the Revlon Lip Butter. It's more moisturizing, and I don't apply my Burt's Bees as often. The color isn't as opaque as a lipstick, but not as sheer as some of the Lip Butters I've tried.

If you have a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain, chances are it's Honey. I can honestly see why this is the go-to for so many women. It wears really well, and the color is amazing. I like using this one on a work day. It's easy to apply, and I don't really need a mirror.

Lastly is the love of my life; Burt's Bees. My lips would be nothing if it wasn't for this lip balm. I've been using this religiously for at least six years. I had to include it, just this once.


What are some of your favorite lip products for spring? What is your go-to shade? I've been gravitating toward pinks lately, as you can tell.



No comments :

Post a Comment