Nail Repair | nail care routine

Tuesday, February 12, 2013




My poor nails have been suffering for these past few months. Yellowing, and breaking, they've just become so brittle. It's not good. For the past two weeks I have been working towards getting my nails back in the shape they were at the start of this blog, and that in includes keeping my nails reasonably short, and using the products shown above/listed below.

I have been careful to have OPI Nail Envy (original) on all the time, with or without color on top. I make sure to use two coats each time I apply it. It has actually been doing an amazing at protecting my nails, and the new nail that is growing is is not stained. It's amazing as a base coat, and as a strengthener.  I am noticing slightly less pealing. They're getting there.

The trick to having great nails is by starting from the beginning, and that means cuticle oil. I am using the Julep Essential Cuticle Oil at least once daily. I'm hoping this is working, it's hard to tell since it'll be at least another month before that part of the nail become the tips.

I make sure to moisturize my hands, focusing on the nails. I have a lot of hand creams, but currently I am using the Julep Body Frosting. It takes just a little to cover my hands, and it smells amazing.

Occasionally I use the Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream. I'll usually do this once every few days instead of my cuticle oil.

I'm hoping this all works. I used to have strong nails, and I miss them. I want them back.

What are some of the products in your nail care routine? Do you have a holy grail product I should know about and try?


No comments :

Post a Comment