Fall Lips

Friday, November 1, 2013


Fall Lips

Fall is one of those weird months where I see everyone else start to transition into the cold weather, the trees begin to change, and everyone starts to look so cozy. But, over in my neck of the woods things don't change much. I would like to think I'll be wearing my comfy jackets soon, but that's not going to happen.

Since it's not going to be as cold here in sunny tropical Florida, I decided to stick with some brighter shades for the season. I'm being a bit rebellious, and going off the path from what's on trend (let's face it, I'm no where near close). Here it's reaching mid-80s during the day. Instead of wearing deep colors, and warm tones, I decided to stick with some brighter shades for this season, and I figured I would share with you what I recently transitioned into my makeup bag.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey: I think this is one of those shades that is wearable all year round. It's a fantastic color that quite frankly looks fantastic on most people, in my opinion. It's easy to wear, and apply, and is actually quite moisturizing.

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 12: 12 is a very summery shade. It's a nice reddish-orange, but I never found myself using it during the hotter months. I wanted to show it some love, so I pulled out and plan to use it frequently. It's not too overpowering on my light skin tone, and I'm not as intimidated by it as I used to be. I really see this season as a time to go bold, and I don't want to hold back.

Fall Lips

Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in Ruby Twist: It's such a beautiful shade, and what I like about the lip crayons is that I can use the tiniest amount, and get a great color. Not too overpowering, but not so sheer that I might as well not be wearing anything. I'm loving reds for this season, can't you tell?

Covergirl Two-Sided Blast Flipstick in Glimmer: My husband picked this out for me, and I'm not going to lie, I wasn't to thrilled. One thing I've learned is to trust his instincts. To be honest, this isn't the first time he's picked out a lip color for me and I've loved it. Right now I'm a bit intimidated by the darker shade, but that lighter one is beautiful. I've been wearing it for the past few days, and that's what inspired me to make this post. The only bad thing is that it has lipstick taste, which is just horrible.

Fall Lips
LtoR brands: Revlon, Rimmel, Cover Girl, Cover Girl (duel stick), 29
29 Reserves Moisturizing Lipstick in Expressive Rosé: Easily the brightest color of the bunch, and really out of all my lip products. It is super opaque, and glides on beautifully. Plus I love the packaging. I received it in my Wantable Box, and every time I use one of the products that came with it, it makes me want to get another one.

I know this isn't your typical fall makeup post. The colors are much brighter than what you would normally see. I like to so with what the season feels like, and right now it feels like hotness.

No comments :

Post a Comment