Avon Smudge Corrector | Review

Monday, January 20, 2014


Avon Smudge Corrector

First thing I want to say is that this particular product isn't currently on the Avon website. Avon likes to take items off the site and then put them back on at a different time. This is the type of product that I would see some Reps carrying on hand, and keeping in stock. Also if you have a local flea market, check it out. I know the one close to me has a few venders that sale Avon. Ebay and Amazon are also an option.

Other than little disclaimer (do I also need to mention that this isn't mine, it's actually my mom's?), we can talk about the product!

It a simple concept. You smudge your nail polish, and you apply a coat or two of this top coat-esque formula to your nails and viola! Smudge be gone.

I applied two coats to my middle finger, as that is where I managed to smudge my nail polish the other day. It was quite difficult to capture the smudge, but I think you can tell where the smudge is. It does have to dry, like a top coat, so you will have to careful after using it so you don't smudge it.

Avon Smudge Corrector

Avon Smudge Corrector

I was impressed at how well it actually worked. I wasn't expecting a whole lot, to be honest. Smudge correcting was one of the things that I liked Seche Vite for, and what made it stand out of the crowd against other nail polishes. 

After the two coats dried I did notice that the smudge is slightly visible, though it looks like a small dimple is on my nail, and that isn't even noticeable unless you know it's there, and you're looking for it. I couldn't even capture it on camera. I don't think it would cover and fix a larger smudge, but I think it would make it better. Definitely a better option than starting over, if you ask me.

Also, I'm quite pleased with the shine it adds. It's much glossier than the top coats I've been using, which is just an added bonus that I wasn't expecting.

Are there a lot of smudge corrector products out there? Aside from Seche Vite, I can't think of any. I wouldn't be surprised if Sally Hansen has one, maybe OPI, but other than that I'm at a loss.

Either way, it's a good product, not a complete fix, but a good option if it was ever needed. It'll improve on most smudges, I believe, but not all. I remember using this a while back on a smudge on my thumb, and it didn't do much. It's kind of hit or miss. In this particular case, it made a major improvement.

No comments :

Post a Comment