Avon Mega Effects Mascara | Review

Tuesday, July 16, 2013


Avon Mega Effects Mascara


Avon is coming out with a new mascara, called Mega Effects, and it's one that I've never seen before. I saw this in my mom's "What's New" catalog for upcoming campaigns, and I asked her if I could order it early. Obviously, she said yes, and a few weeks later it arrived (this past Saturday). I chose brown/black simply because I was apprehensive to try this out, so I went with the safer, and less dramatic color.

It's such a strange little device, and when I first put it on I was like 'whoa'. Way too much mascara. You really have to be careful when applying. It's really not clumping, and applies evenly. The name Mega Effects suits it well.


Avon Mega Effects Mascara

Avon Mega Effects Mascara Brush

Basically it's a wide brush with an moveable handle that sits in a little pot. It has a cap, that doesn't really serve much purpose.

The odd angle that is typically necessary for traditional wands is no longer necessary as this requires a more direct approach. It's adjustable applicator makes it even easier to use, and contorting your hand/wrist/arm is no longer necessary

Avon Mega Effects Mascara Brush

Avon Mega Effects Mascara Brush

The brush itself has two different lengths. On the top it's long, and wispy. That maximizes the volume and helps add that Mega Effect that this mascara is going for. I also noticed a dramatic increase in length, which is quite scary for me, since I have long lashes to begin with. Too much and they'll be touching my brows.

For a softer look, and not as voluminous or long you can use the sides which are much shorter. Below you will see a picture of me trying to be careful with the mascara. It's easy to go overboard with this mascara, and if it's what you're looking for, it's great.

Below are pictures of my right eye before any mascara, the right eye using the top of the applicator, and then me left eye using the side of the applicator. The very last picture shows the distribution of the product on my hand. You can see the difference that both parts make.

Avon Mega Effects Mascara on the eyes
Before
Avon Mega Effects Mascara on the eyes
Top of the applicator
Avon Mega Effects Mascara on the eyes
Side of the applicator
Avon Mega Effects Mascara Swatch
L: side of the applicator | R: tip of the applicator
Overall I really like this mascara. At first I thought this was a gimmicky product, and that it would be just about the applicator, so I didn't expect too much. It's an innovative idea, and the formula is great. The best of both worlds, in a way.


Avon Mega Effects mascara will be available to purchase soon either online, or through your local Avon representative for $10.


So, what do you think about this new application design? Do you think it will take off, and other companies will start changing their design? Mascara hasn't changed much since the brush days of the 50s. Maybe it's time to throw the wands away? Then again, maybe not ;)



3 comments :

  1. This is so clever but it wouldnt work for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. Your lashes look great. I do like Avon's makeup so maybe I will try this out!


    jaimelovesstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that I am in LOVE with this stuff! I actually went to my rep to pick it up and ended up signing on as a rep all thanks to this stuff. It is so much easier to apply, goes from base to tip and looks great!

    ReplyDelete