Foundation Routine

Thursday, February 20, 2014




As I mentioned in yesterday's post I ran out of a lot of the same products at the same time. I really needed to replenish my stock, especially in the concealer department (I've been using an ELF concealer that isn't quite what I wanted it to be. I.e. it's pretty bad).

I went to my local Cosmetic Company Store at the outlet mall hoping that they would have the Clinique Acne Solutions. Unfortunately they didn't, which may have been for the best since they seem to have mostly darker shades in stock for the more popular lines. I decided to pick up the Stay Matte ($23/$16.5 at the outlet) in the lightest shade (Linen).

I tend to have a lot of redness, and after reading in countless posts on Gh0stparties that the Revlon Photoready Skinlights ($11) in the shade Bare Light helps reduce redness, I decided to give it a go. I apply this after moisturizing using my fingers. And you know what? Kate was right. It does neutralize the redness beautifully.

Then I grab my blender (discontinued) from Avon, wet it, and apply the Clinique Stay Matte foundation. This and the Skinlights is a fantastic combination, I think. My skin has never looked so natural, and flawless. For the moment I feel as though I've found the holy grail.

Depending on my mood I'll apply my new concealer; Sonia Kashuk All Covered Up in Porcelain ($10), under my eyes. It's not a 100% fix for my dark circles, but it's the best that I've found so far. I really like it, actually. I use an ELF Concealer ($1) brush to apply.

Lastly, if I remember, I grab my Real Techniques brush and apply my Guerlain Meteorites.


All of these products work together really well. It's as if they were made for each other. What products do you have that are like two peas in a pod?

No comments :

Post a Comment