Goody Quikstyle | Review

Tuesday, January 8, 2013


Goody Quikstyle

Goody Quikstyle

Goody Quikstyle

Goody Quikstyle

Goody Quikstyle


I have pretty long hair (it's down to my bum), and anything that can make drying time quicker gets a +1 in my book. I'm not a huge fan of blow drying, nor am I fan of towel drying. I'm strange, I know. One thing I always do though, is use a paddle brush to brush through my wet hair.

I first heard about this hair brush on another blog, I thought it was an ingenious concept. In theory, it seems like it should work. I think it does, but just a little bit. In my experience, it's not one that will make a huge difference, but the fibers do soak up some of the water, as one would expect them to. I did notice that it was basically useless trying to brush straight out of the shower, with hair that's only been rung out. The fibers get soaked, and I was just brushing my wet hair with a wet brush. Did no good, what-so-ever. Remember, I have pretty long hair and it can hold a lot of water (it's not thick, though). For shorter lengths, I think it would make a bigger difference.

I'm not so much worried about mold growing on it, because it has to stay wet for that to happen. It does dry pretty quickly. I also noticed the fibers flattening when I run it on soaked hair. Damp hair, and for the most part they stand back up when they're dry. I think the 'vents' on the sides help with the drying process of the microfibers.

Ignoring the fibers, as far as the brush aspect of it goes; I really like it! At first I thought it wasn't brushing very well, but I quickly realized that it just brushes through my hair that easily. The bristles aren't that stiff, and I was expecting them to not work. It's also really light. It works really well on dry hair too. It doesn't add any static or frizz to it, or at least none that I noticed.

Overall, I'm happy. I wasn't expecting some life changing experience, but I must say I was pleased with it. I will definitely continue to use it, but I don't think I would start recommending it as a water soaking brush. I would, however, recommend it as a brush by itself.

This little bad boy will cost you about $11.99.

*Sent by Influenster

No comments :

Post a Comment