Ulta Butter London BOGO Haul

Wednesday, September 19, 2012









I originally said that I wasn't going to participate in last weeks BOGO, but you give a mouse a cookie, they're going to eat the cookie! There was also a code for free shipping on orders $25 and more, so since shipping was going to be about $5 anyways, I figured I could spend the extra $5 and get free shipping!

First are the nail polishes. For Butter London I got Rosie Lee, which is a beautiful brick red, boarder line copper shimmer with a clear polish. It's not pale pink like the website says, not sure how they got that description. Next is Fairy Lights which looks NOTHING like it does on the BL site. I thought Ulta had the color wrong, but no no, they are correct. It is the exact same as Julep Maria, and I will put up a proper swatch some time this week if I have time. Kind of annoyed that I bought a dupe.

I have been wanting Essence for a while now, and since they are $1.99, I figured why not! I bought Black is Black since the only black that I have is a tiny Sally Girl polish. Sweet as Candy is a sheer pink, and it looks perfect for a french manicure. I've only swatched them quickly on nail wheels, so I'll have to do a proper swatch one of these days. Black is Black looks like it'll take 2 coats to be opaque, and Sweet as Candy looks like it'll take forever.

Oh boy, probably my favorite item is the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. I have been wanting this for ages, but I never actually took the plunge to buy it when I saw it in stores. So glad I ordered it!!! The last thing I bought was the Almay eye make up remover because I needed something that was a dollar, and that seemed like a good choice. Travel size!!

Then I choose 3 samples, and I basically picked the three that were not fragrance samples. The first one pictured, is the Bioré Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser that I figured I could stick in an over night bag. The second one, to be honest, I have no idea what it is. It's some sort of skin care, but I couldn't be bothered to read the paper. The last one is the Laura Geller Spackle primer. I am scared about this. That word "bronze", I am the opposite of bronze. I doubt this will work for me.

Think I'm done with Butter London? Think again I have 4 more on their way from Coterie, if they will ever get off their butts and ship the order I placed on the 13th. I'm getting Knackered, All Hail the Queen, Bluey, and a matte top coat. All for only $11!!!! How could I resist? I plan on doing a nail polish collection video when they get here, whenever that will be.

I wanted to mention that I am sick AGAIN, so don't expect too much blogging from me. I spent most of the morning sleeping, and I have developed a cough this time. Grrr, no idea how I keep getting sick.

Hope you all are well, and I will see you again [hopefully] soon!



hellocotton | facebook | pinterest | google+twitter | bloglovin'


P.S. Let me know what you think about these hauls. I'm really iffy on them, but I mainly post them when I have something to say about the items in the haul. What posts do you like to see? I'm trying to gather ideas of what to post, and I want to make sure it's something you are interested in.

1 comment :

  1. Good to know Fairy Lights is the same as Maria, because I have the latter and have been eyeing the former. Such a pretty color. That pink Essence looks lovely, too. Nice haul there! :)

    ReplyDelete